Friday, September 27, 2013

Girl I do it to the maximum, Nissan.


So I'm a bit of an 80s Maxima fan girl. So this will be a Maxima post. Was my favorite car when I was a kid. My dad had two, and I was just attracted to the boxiness of it. 

So yesterday Travis called me at work and said "you're gonna shit yourself."  Said he found a 85 Maxima SE in Jamaica. Gave me the location and I scoped it out earlier. 

Last year, Travis and I were rolling around the streets of Southside Jamaica. Randomly driving and I gasped. Words were not found. I spotted an 88 Maxima SE in a yard. Looks to have been parked there for over 10 years. After the bushes died out in the winter, I noticed there was another car parked in the back. It was a 87 or 88 Maxima GXE that was t-boned. 

I spent months driving by looking at it. I even knocked on the door.  Nothing. I asked some neighbors who told me about the car. And that the person who lives there is an old man who's now in a home. I almost had a few leads on it, but they all went nowhere.  A few months later I walked into the yard to check the SE out. It's a 5 speed with 80k on the clock. It saddened me. I wanted to
rescue it so bad. 


A few months after that, driving around in Wakefield, I saw a man outside his house. In the driveway laid an 87 Maxima wagon with old liberty plates on it. For over 10 years passing by I've always seen this car. Never seen anyone outside. So I had to stop. Spoke to te owner, an older gentleman who was surprised I was so interested in the car. We spent about a half hour talking about it. He's restoring it as he's owned r for so long. I was glad to find out it wasn't gonna be a waste. 

Another one found in Southside Jamaica. Hit on the rear wheel. Has insane camber. 85 or an 86 GXE. 

Back in April, found this parked in Flatbush Brooklyn. I left a note with interest in buying it. But never got a call. 87 SE 5 Speed. 

For about the last 4 years I was informed of a Maxima parked in a yard in Richmond Hill. There was actually two at one point. A few of my friends asked about the cars but they always got the door slammed in their faces. They ended up scrapping all of the cars in the yard except this black 87 SE. 

For about the past three years I was told a rear louver existed for these cars. I have a louver fetish so I spent hours at a time trying to find info on it. Nothing. Was pointed to a website that had a picture of one but no info on buying it. Then one rainy August morning of 2013. I saw it. I finally had my proof. I was already 25 minutes late to work so chasing the guy down to speak to him was out of the question. 


I'm gonna end this post here with pictures of my Maxima. I have a few more I spotted but I'm starting to get annoyed typing on this phone. 

My first Maxima. 88 SE. Automatic with 96k on it. Cold ass R12. Bought in the summer of 2011. Sold January 2012. 

And here's my current Maxima. 88 SE 5 Speed. Bought with 99k on it. Cold ass R12. Been following this car for 3 years. I kept in contact with the owner. I randomly called him this past July. Asked if he still wanted to sell it. Two days later I came with cash and it was mine. 

- Sam













No comments:

Post a Comment