Tuesday, November 5, 2013

European Alliance

I was driving to a old friend's muffler shop a few weeks ago in the vicinity of Lawrence, a town relatively close to Five towns. On the way over I spotted these gems that have been in the same place for over 6 years now untouched.

The first car I spotted was a 70 Mercedes Benz coupe. It looked to be a 280 series car. The headlights gave away that of was a early 70's W11x model and the single touring  fog lamp was still affixed to the bumper of this one time beauty.  The rust condition of the body seemed pretty decent for a car that's parked less than 10 mins from the Atlantic Ocean.  This is one car I would own and possibly retro fit a newer Japanese power plant.  *CoughJzCough* . Hell, l wouldn't even mind LSX power behind the grille.

Parked directly across the street from the Mercedes was what appeared to be a Triumph or a Jensen. I don't know my quirky British sports cars that well so you'll have to excuse me. The fact that it was locked behind the fence of a body shop didn't help.  It didn't appear to be wrecked or used for parts so I can only assume it was probably the owners or a workers car that like most British cars has serious electrical issues.  And like most cars with that disease, they are parked until some other happy go lucky bastard tries to resurrect it. As I said I couldn't get closer to snap better pictures but judging that it is sitting in a grassy patch I'm sure the floors are non existent.  This is the point I drive away, I'm stupid, but not that stupid to purchase a old ragged British sports car. 

No comments:

Post a Comment