Saturday, October 5, 2013

Dragon tales.

About a year ago a few other coworkers were telling me about a guy who worked at Newark who had a old supra. Didn't really get anywhere cause I couldn't meet him.

Fast forward a few months . He transfered to JFK and we got to talking.  He did indeed have a old supra. Turns out it was a 1981 Celica Supra. Known as the Mk1(MA47)  they're super rare nowadays and really un supported.

The car was built in the late 90s early 00s. With a 7mgte and r154 the car was fast as hell. They used a Grand National intercooler and the dashboard looked like a autometer catalog. I went to go see it. It sat with the hood open since 2006, the door was left open, I was deeply saddened. Sitting in the backyard it was severly overgrown with brush. He said to just take it. I waited a little too long to jump.

Fast forward another year now. I stopped by to see it again. Its still there overgrown even further. Offer still stands. This one is coming home soon to the retirement home to be resurrected as a 7mgte Mk1 again.

No comments:

Post a Comment