Friday, October 4, 2013

Hiroshima moss.

I've been driving past this car for atleast 8 years now and today I decided to stop & knock on the door of its resting space.

Rounding up our little spotlight on Mazdas, specifically 82 model year cars, we have this gem, err.. specimen.  A 1982 Mazda 626 sedan, otherwise known as a Mazda Capella outside of the US.

I spoke briefly to the owner who said he purchased the once fine automobile new in 82. He drove it till about 93 where he parked it in the current spot that it sits in. Since then it has been neglected and started to decay pretty badly.

Wearing the same bolt pattern as first gen rx7's this car was equipped with steelies with trim rings and center caps. It had a tattered Beige/ white cloth interior & automatic transmission. 

The last one I saw was a 82 coupe with a 13b inside & weld drag lites.  There is hope for this car. Not much though, it may be better off sacrificing itself to put another 626 on the road. That being said I left my number so that when the owner decides to sell, maybe ill consider it. He said it might be soon as they were looking to install a new fence around the property & do a little landscaping.  Maybe I shouldn't have left my number.

No comments:

Post a Comment