Sunday, October 6, 2013

Sandy Shovelnoses

A few years ago when Sam worked at Arch in Far Rockaway he told me about a old Corona sitting at a shop. I came by one day thrilled to go see it, to more surprise it was more than one they had 3 sitting here.

The owners just started to collect them for a unknown reason. They were Rt40s till I looked closer. One was a Rt40 sedan two were rare Rt52 coupes. Right away I locked my sight on the yellow coupe because it the most complete.  They gave me a price, but life was in the way.
I kept checking on them to make sure they still existed. They weren't going anywhere.

Aftet Sandy last year I feared they were washed away like the rest of Far Rockaway,  but they stood their ground. A friend of ours showed interest this week when he called looking for a Corona. Reluctantly I told him about these under one condition. It would be mine after he's tired of it . We came to a agreement.  I went by this morning to make sure they were still there. If the stars line up we'll be going back this week to strike up a deal for that Canary Yellow 1968 Toyota Corona 1600 GT. Huge smiles from behind this keyboard about that.

1 comment:

  1. Nice find. We'd love to see these cars some more. Come join us on our FB page dedicated to these Shovelnose Coronas. Would love to have you as part of the group.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/ShovelnoseCoronaRestorers/

    ReplyDelete